Why Context Is King in Today’s B2B Tech Markets? – Part 2 -Re-invent Your Messaging
The second dimension of my Viewpoint is the articulation of a re-invented solution, which is covered in depth in this blog. To quickly recap, this blog argued that you can re-invent your solution along 3 dimensions, Approach, Innovation and Mindset or AIM; show diagrammatically here:
So when B2B Marketers look at their messaging methodology, to succeed in today’s Info Overloaded, Buyer Centric, Crowded Market they need to re-imagine their approach like so:
- The Approach –from bottom up to Top down
- The Innovation – from value to Viewpoint
- The Mindset – that we must challenge and engage on the customer’s terms
Let’s briefly take a look at each of these.
- From bottom up to top down – Rather than start with features, function and benefit, start with STEEP, the customer’s reality and world.
- From Value to Viewpoint – We must start with a well articulated Viewpoint, before we have the right to discuss our Value.
- Challenge and Engage – Our job is to challenge the customers assumptions and comfort. We have to move from Diagnostic Selling to Authority Driven Selling.
As we will see in part 3 of this series, if we shift our messaging approach as above, we set the baseline to achieve Marketing Impact and Velocity.